Flourless Chocolate Zucchini Cookies
These soft and chewy cake like Flourless Chocolate Zucchini Cookies are the best summer dessert. It's guilt free and a great veggie dessert that even kids would love it. This gluten free and paleo sweet treat is absolutely satisfying and desirable.
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (squeezed)
- 1/2 cups pitted dates (about 7 pieces)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp flax/olive oil
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare a cookie sheet with a liner and grease it.
In a food processor combine all the ingredients (except chocolate chips) and grind smooth.
Pour the batter into the mixing bowl and mix in chocolate chips.
With the help of a round spoon or ice cream scoop spoon the batter into 12 round shapes.
Put the sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Take it out and let it cool completely. Put the cookies in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to stiffen.
Then enjoy it with a fork and or a spoon.
- Measure grated zucchini after squeezing it. If your zucchini has seeds inside then make sure to take them out before grating. You can also grind it in the food processor in the chop option, measure and then combine rest of the ingredients into it (except chocolate chips).
- These cookies are soft cake like texture. Since it has no flour to bind it and made purely out of zucchini it does not have the texture of store bought cookies. Make sure to refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or if in a hurry put the cookies in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to stiffen.
- If you want to consume immediately you may enjoy these cookies with a spoon. I loved eating these cookies with spoon.
- Any oil of your choice can be used in place of flax oil
- For vegan option - replace the egg with flax eggs. Also, make sure to use vegan chocolate chips.
Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 34mg | Potassium: 88mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 20IU | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 0.3mg