Teriyaki Tofu Quinoa Power Bowl
This Teriyaki Tofu Quinoa Power Bowl is easy, quick and make-ahead dish. It’s nutritious and protein rich yet a delightful weeknight dinner.
For the bowl
- 1 14oz pack of extra firm tofu (pressed, drained and chopped)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets (blanched)
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- Salt as per taste
- Crushed black pepper as per taste
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
In a nonstick pan combine all the sauce ingredients. Turn on the flame and whisk it continuously until bubbles form and the sauce starts to boil. Turn off the flame and let it cool.
In a mixing bowl, combine the sauce and tofu. Mix it gently with a spoon making it sure that tofu does not break. Let it marinade for 5-7 minutes.
In the meanwhile, heat oil in another nonstick pan and saute blanched broccoli and red bell pepper. Season it with salt and black pepper. Turn off the flame and keep it aside.
In the same pan place tofu pieces (Reserve the leftover sauce in the mixing bowl to use it as a dressing). Let it cook until dark brown and nicely cooked. Gently flip the tofu pieces and cook for few seconds again. Now, pour about 1 tbsp of the remaining sauce. Gently mix only one time and turn off the flame quickly. (This gives a nice glaze and flavor to tofu).
Now, in a serving bowl place cooked quinoa on one side, teriyaki tofu on the other side and sauteed veggies on the leftover side. Drizzle some more teriyaki sauce over the bowl to cover quinoa and veggies nicely. Sprinkle some white sesame seeds on it.
Repeat the same assembling process for the other two bowls and enjoy.
- Teriyaki sauce can be made ahead of time. Store it in an air tight glass container in the refrigerator for about a week. Then use it as and when required. If using it as dressing just bring it to room temperature.
- Quinoa can also be cooked ahead of time and refrigerated. Just warm it a bit before using.
Calories: 426kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 12g | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 476mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 475IU | Vitamin C: 67.7mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 2.6mg