Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Protein Smoothie
This lightened and nutritious Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Protein Smoothie is a dessert in a beverage form. It is absolutely kid friendly and refreshing.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup vegan vanilla ice cream (1 small scoop)
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut whipped cream (just drizzle amount)
In a blender combine 1 ½ cups strawberries, vanilla ice cream, vanilla almond milk and hemp seeds.
Blend it smooth and set it aside.
At this stage you may enjoy the smoothie as is by adjusting the sweetener as per your taste. (any sweetener of your choice can be used).
To make it a little fancy and kid friendly. Slice the remaining strawberries and set aside.
Fill half of the serving glass with the smoothie. Cover it with some whipped cream.
Then top it with sliced strawberries. Again, pour the smoothie to fill the entire glass.
Lastly, drizzle the whipped cream again to cover the glass and top it with sliced strawberries.
Enjoy immediately with a straw and a spoon.
- If you are adding coconut whipped cream to this smoothie then you may not need any sweetener just like us. However, for us the we did not need any sweetener even without the whipped cream. But feel free to add your choice of sweetener as per your taste.
- Any changes regarding to sweetener will change the nutritional facts.
- I would encourage to enjoy it with whipped cream though. It is totally worth it.
Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 260IU | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 6.9mg