Vegan Frosted Mango Coconut Cookies
These Vegan Frosted Mango Coconut Cookies are absolutely a delight to the taste buds. It's easy to bake and family friendly too. These cookies are gluten free and are perfect seasonal dessert.
For the frosting
- 1/4 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh mango puree
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Dash of salt
For the cookies
- 1 cup fresh mango puree
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup silken tofu (pureed)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
Preheat oven at 375 degree Fahrenheit. Prepare a cookie with a liner and grease it.
In a food processor combine all the ingredients mentioned for frosting and grind as smooth as possible. (May take about 3 minutes).
Pour the frosting in a glass container and refrigerate it while we bake the cookies.
In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for cookies and mix with a spoon. Finish mixing the dough with your hands so that it’s evenly mixed. The dough would be very soft and should not be runny. (Dough picture is provided above).
Divide the dough into 12 equal parts and form firm balls. Now press the dough ball between your palms. Stop pressing just when it starts to crack. Now with your little finger make a light hole in the middle (should be basket like hole so that the cookies can hold the frosting and does not pass through it). The dough may crack further, try to firm it as much as possible maintaining the hole in between the cookie. Repeat the same process for all the cookies.
Place the cookies on the cookie sheet and bake in the middle rack for 40 minutes turning the cookie sheet once after 30 minutes. (Turn off the oven just when the cookies start to brown).
Take it out of the oven. Let it cool and with a pastry decorator or a small spoon fill the cookies with the frosting and serve.
- I used fresh mangoes and pureed them by just putting the mango pieces into the food processor.
- Keep the frosting in the refrigerator until ready to fill the cookies.
- If desired you may adjust the sweetener of the frosting as per your taste.
- After 30 minutes of baking I turned my cookie sheet to the other way round in the oven so that the cookies could be evenly baked in the last 10 minutes.
- These cookies can be refrigerated for 2-3 days in an air tight container.
- This recipe yields 12 cookies and serving size is 1 cookie per person.
Calories: 93kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 46mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 0.3mg