Anti-Inflammatory Vegan Turmeric Pancakes
Anti-Inflammatory Vegan Turmeric Pancakes are soft, fluffy, easy and delicious breakfast option with earthy flavors. It’s a great post-partum food. These pancakes are great for lactating moms as well.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp hempseeds
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 5 1/4 inch turmeric root
- 2 large bananas (mashed)
In a mixing bowl combine almond flour, chickpea flour, baking powder, salt, hemp seeds, flax seeds and mix thoroughly with a spoon.
In a blender combine turmeric root and vanilla almond milk and blend it smooth.
Now pour the blended turmeric and mashed banana into the dry ingredients and whip the batter nicely.
Now, warm the griddle or crepe pan and grease it.
Pour 2 tbsp. or ¼ cup of the batter onto the warm pan and spread it gently in a round shape. Let it cook until golden in color and gently with the help of a flat spatula flip to the other side. Let it cook again until light golden and take it out of the pan. The pancake with be very soft, like a cake. However, as it reaches the room temperature it will become firmer.
Repeat the same process with the rest of the batter.
Top it with fruits, nuts and seeds of your choice and enjoy.
- These pancakes have a rustic and strong flavor of turmeric and chickpea flour. These are very different than the regular pancakes. These pancakes are very nutritious and guilt free.
- If you are on a low/no sugar diet then 2 bananas would suffice as sweetener. Or else you may drizzle your choice of syrup (preferably maple syrup) to make it taste very close to regular pancakes.
- If you are on a low sugar/no sugar diet then 2 bananas would be sufficient to sweeten these pancakes. Feel free to drizzle maple syrup over these pancake as per your taste.
- These pancakes can be refrigerated in an air tight container for 4-5 days.
- This recipe makes 6 pancakes and the serving size is 1 pancake per person.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 104mg | Potassium: 344mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1.1mg