Peanut Butter Quinoa Flake Porridge
Peanut Butter Quinoa Flake Porridge is my favorite go to breakfast any day. It perfectly suits most types of diet and is an awesome alternative to oats. This porridge is creamy, thick, buttery and nutritious.
For the porridge
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack)
- 2 tbsp fresh ground peanut butter
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- pinch of salt
- Fresh strawberries (sliced)
- shaved/grated dark chocolate
- pure maple syrup (optional)
In your saucepan combine water and milk and bring it to a boil.
Then, add peanut butter and stir until there are no lumps.
Later, fold in quinoa flakes and salt. Then stir until slightly thick (for about 3-4 minutes).
Lastly, turn off the flame and let it sit for 2 minutes.
Now, spoon the cereal/porridge in the serving bowls and top it with fruits and shaved chocolate and enjoy it immediately.
- You may make this recipe a night before and refrigerate it. Just warm it up a bit before consuming it.
- This is not a sweet porridge so you may add maple syrup as sweetener if desired.
- You may add your favorite toppings on this porridge. However, extra peanut butter definitely tastes excellent in this recipe. Also, shaved/grated dark chocolate does wonder to this porridge.
Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 315mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin C: 3.4mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 3mg