Pressure Cooker Vegan Cheese vegetable Quinoa
Vegan Cheese Vegetable Quinoa is a wholesome, cheesy yet nutritious one dish meal that’s perfect for lunch or dinner. Also its super easy to cook without much hassle.
For vegan cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup white onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup white mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup carrots (chopped)
- 2 cups rinsed quinoa
- 4 cups vegetable broth
In your blender combine all the ingredients for the cheese sauce and blend it smooth. Then keep it aside.
Now, warm up your 6 quart premium cosori pressure cooker/instant pot. Then add oil at saute function. Then press on the start button and let the temperature rise to the default setting.
As soon as you hear the oil sizzling add garlic, onion and green bell pepper and sauté for 30 seconds.
Now you may add broccoli florets, mushrooms and carrots and mix again. Then cook for a few seconds.
Thereafter, add rinsed quinoa along with vegetable broth. The, saute and cook for 2-3 minutes. At the first boil pour the cheese sauce and stir again.
Immediately cancel the saute function and change it to white rice/rice option. Make sure to close the valve properly and let it cook at the default setting.
Once the cooker beeps release the valve to let the pressure out. Open the lid and stir quinoa. Adjust salt and pepper as per taste and serve warm.
- Quinoa might stick a little at the bottom which is normal. It happens due to the settings. depending on your pressure cooker/instant pot you may adjust the temperature and lower it a bit.
- If you don't have an instant post this recipe can easily be cooked on the stove as well. Simply warm the oil i a nonstick pan and follow the instructions as mentioned above. After mixing everything cook on a high for few minutes. Then after few boils, lower the flame and cook covered until all the liquid is absorbed.
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 837mg | Potassium: 257mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2255IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.8mg