Vegan Herb Hemp Roasted Vegetables
Vegan Herb Hemp Roasted Vegetables is packed with fiber, protein, complex carbohydrates, good fats and lots of vitamins and minerals. This side dish is packed with absolutely desirable ingredients and is a crowd pleaser.
For hemp dressing
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped sage (fresh)
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp parsley (dried/fresh)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
For the vegetables
- 2 cups broccoli florets (steamed)
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets (steamed)
- 1 whole sweet potato (sliced & steamed)
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts (halved & steamed)
- 1 cup baby Portobello Mushroom (sliced)
- 1 cup white onion (roughly chopped )
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (squared)
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper (squared)
In your blender combine all the ingredients for hemp dip and then blend it smooth. Keep it aside until ready to be used.
Preheat your oven at 375 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie sheet with a parchment paper. (You may use a casserole baking pan as well but make sure to grease it a little so as to avoid sticking).
Thereafter, heat water in your saucepan and place the steamer basket in it with the vegetables to be steamed like cauliflower, broccoli, Brussel Sprouts and sweet potato(You may steam vegetables individually or all together).
Thereafter, in a large bowl you may combine all the vegetables and toss in hemp dip. Gently mix so that the vegetables do not break.
Afterwards, spread the vegetables on the prepared cookie sheet so that each vegetable is nicely cooked. (Do not stack vegetables in this stage. They should spread evenly and nicely).
Later, place the cookie sheet at the top rack of your oven and bake it for 25 minutes.
Lastly, take it out and adjust the salt. Enjoy it as side dish.
- In order to steam sweet potatoes you may peel and slice it first. Then steam it in a steamer basket. Or else you may semi boil it first, then peel and slice it and follow rest of the instructions as mentioned above.
- The vegetables should not be over steamed so as to maintain its crunchy texture.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately. However, if you plan to make it ahead of time then prepare all the vegetables and the dressing. Just before to start with dinner toss them and bake.
- You may blend extra dressing and serve it with the roasted vegetables for that extra punch. I personally like extra dressing on my veggies. This dressing can be refrigerated for about a week in an air tight container.
- For Air Fryer : Follow until step 4. Then, arrange the vegetables in the air fryer basket. Bake it at 400 degree for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft yet crunchy.
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 12g