One Pot Jackfruit Quinoa Pilaf
One Pot Jackfruit Quinoa Pilaf is my latest favorite for lunch and or dinner. It’s a scrumptious satisfying meal with a medley of spices and herbs. It’s a complete desirable dish for everyone’s taste buds.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 whole bay leaf (fresh/fried)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder (Amchur)
- 1 cup rinsed quinoa
- 1 12oz can young green jackfruit in brine (drained)
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- Salt as per taste
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Heat oil in a saucepan and add dried garlic, ginger powder, cinnamon powder and cardamom powder.
Immediately add water and stir until no lumps are formed.
Now add bay leaf, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder and stir again.
At the first boil add rinsed quinoa. Cook for 1 minute at a high flame (do not overcook).
Immediately add drained jackfruit. Stir and add the remaining ingredients.
Cook covered on a low flame until the water is absorbed and jackfruit is tender. With the help of the fork pull apart all the jackfruit pieces and fluff quinoa.
Turn of the flame and let it rest covered for 2 minutes.
Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve warm with raita or a side onion cucumber salad.
- For instant pot option - Turn it on at saute mode and follow until step 5. Then, cancel the saute mode. Close the lid and seal the valve. Pressure cook at high flame for 10 minutes or at Multigrain (default) option. Once done, release the pressure and open the lid. Stir, garnish and serve.
- To make it Oil Free - Combine vegetable broth with all the condiments and spices. Bring it to boil and then follow from step 4 - step 8 ( saucepan option). Or instant pot option as mentioned in the above point.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately. However, refrigerate the leftovers for lunch the next day.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 35mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 327IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 2mg