Spicy Strawberry Walnut Dip
This savory Spicy Strawberry Walnut Dip is a versatile and a unique snack for any get together. Its easy to blend and beautiful to present. Being vegan and gluten free its healthy and is a good source of omega 3.
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 whole jalapeno pepper (chopped)
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1 tsp walnut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
In a nonstick pan combine strawberries, maple syrup, jalapeno pepper, garlic and cook for couple of minutes or until strawberries are soft stirring at intervals to avoid sticking.
Turn off the flame and let it cool completely.
In a grinder/food processor spoon the strawberry mix along with walnuts and walnut oil and grind it into a smooth paste.
Spoon the dip in the serving bowl, add salt and serve with your choice of crackers and enjoy.
- If in a hurry put the pan in the freezer for couple of minutes for the strawberry mix to cool down.
- Feel free to garnish with finely chopped strawberries and jalapeno for more chunky bites.
- Do not overcook the strawberries to avoid the burning taste.
- This recipe yields about 1 cup of the dip.
- This dip has a more savory and spicy taste and very mild sweet flavor to it. I used maple syrup to cut the sourness of the strawberries and bring its smooth flavor out.
Calories: 23kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 8mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 2mg