Seitan and Pasta in Spicy Peanut Sauce is a vegan creamy, protein rich and hot enough to set your taste buds on fire. It’s perfect to satisfy the cravings if you are someone who loves spicy food.
I adapted the recipe of Spicy Peanut Sauce from my earlier blog post Tofu Coins in Spicy Peanut Sauce.
If you have noticed my posts recently, I am exploring a lot with different peppers and spices. I have been enjoying creating recipes with a variety of peppers and chilies. They are super versatile and if used correctly, flavor the dishes magnificently without using too many ingredients.
However, initially it takes couple of practices to come to the right level of spice and once you find your desired spice level, the saying comes true “sky is the limit”.
In Spicy Peanut Sauce my main ingredient is dry red chili which I grounded with rest of the ingredients. The aroma and the texture along with its consistency were superb.
It’s super versatile. Just blend the sauce and use it with any protein or as a curry.
I made this sauce with raw peanuts. If you have leftover peanuts and want to explore more, try out my other recipes:
I was working with seitan for the first time. I used store bought seitan strips but feel free to use homemade seitan in this recipe.
Seitan is protein rich and a great substitute for meat. Since I changed into vegan diet I have been constantly calculating my protein intake and my find for seitan fulfilled all my protein requirements.
I never knew Seitan was so delicious and super versatile. I was totally blown out in my first bite.
Once, I knew I wanted spicy peanut sauce, seitan and of course my favorite pasta the recipe came into its form immediately. Ready in only 20 minutes and hardly much cooking required we devoured Seitan and Pasta in Spicy Peanut Sauce on a week night.
Also this dinner is a make ahead recipe and stays good for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
It’s a great dinner that I will include in my forthcoming meal plan. That means don’t be overwhelmed if I bombard you with more seitan recipes because I found my new love in this protein rich vegan protein.
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because I love to see what you cooked.
Seitan and Pasta in Spicy Peanut Sauce
For peanut sauce
- 1 8 oz pack of seitan (original/plain strip)
- 2 cups cooked penne ( regular/whole/ancient grain)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp crushed raw peanuts (to garnish)
- Heat a frying pan and dry roast the ¼ cup of peanuts for 1 minute stirring once at 30 seconds. Turn off the flame. Cover and let it cool in the pan.
- When cooled Take out the peanuts on a kitchen towel and rub them so the skin of the peanuts comes out.
- In a blender combine all the ingredients of the peanut sauce and blend it smooth.
- Heat the same frying pan again and grease it with cooking spray.
- Saute seitan strips until golden brown at a medium flame.
- Pour the peanut sauce over seitan. Cover and cook for couple of minutes or until couple of boils on a medium flame.
- Stir it gently and reduce the flame. Toss in pasta. Mix and add ¼ cup water.
- Cook again for 1 minute. Turn off the flame.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts and adjust salt and then serve warm.
- If desired you may use 1 tbsp vegetable broth to saute seitan strips instead of cooking spray.
- This is a spicy recipe so if desired reduce the dry red chili to 2 instead of 3.
- I used store bought precooked seitan for this recipe. Feel free to use homemade seitan as well for this recipe.
- I used raw peanuts with skin for the peanut sauce. Feel free to use roasted peanuts without skin (unsalted).
- For us the salt was perfect so there was no need to add more salt. However, feel free to adjust salt as per your taste preference.